CHOOSING THE RIGHT SCHOOL AS THE NEXT STEP
At ISK we all work very hard to prepare the pupils for the next step: a regular school. Each pupil is periodically discussed at joint meetings attended by all our teachers in order to advise on the most suitable school as the next step. This is influenced by various factors:
• How old is the pupil? Pupils in the 12-16 age range follow a different path than over-16s.
• How much education did the pupil receive in their home country?
• Where do the pupil’s interests lie?
• How quickly has the pupil learnt Dutch and other subjects?
• What is the pupil’s language level?
The answers to these questions help us to decide the level at which each pupil should continue their education, in line with the official national requirements.
PERSONALIZED SCHOOL ADVICE
We regularly discuss the next step with pupils and their parents/guardians. We work together to look for a school that suits their needs, we help them with the registration process and we also accompany pupils and their parents/guardians on introductory visits to prospective schools. It is often possible to arrange for the pupil to attend the new school a couple of times on a trial basis. This is a personalized process that is different for each pupil!